Electric motor rewinds
At Houghton International, we comply with – and in some areas exceed – IEEE 1068 specification for electric motor rewinds and have controlled procedures and records in place to manage the electric motor rewind process. All electric motors are wound to Class F or higher thermal class, upgrading the insulation quality, where beneficial, to our HiFLEX coil design.
Our process for electric motor rewinds
A sample electric motor rewinding work scope includes:
- Receive electric motor components into our facility
- Datum check all parts
- Detail and strip stator windings
- Clean and prepare stator core and carry out core test
- Manufacture stator coils, insulated as required
- Carry out testing of the coils
- VPI impregnate stator windings if required
- Clean stator
- Assemble, test and paint
- QA check and make ready for delivery
- Report all motor rewinding details in full to customer
For more information about our electric motor rewinding service, or our other specialties including generator repairs and electric motor repairs, contact Houghton International today.
Related Case Studies
Northumbrian Water Howdon
Contact us for more information on our electric motor overhaul rewind services
Get in touch using the boxes below and we’ll get back to you.