We offer a range of wind turbine generator diagnostic, repair and monitoring services, ensuring generators remain efficient and reliable.
As the wind market matures and more turbines come to the end of OEM warranty periods, owners and operators require specialist aftermarket support to maintain key components, such as generators and gearboxes, to maximise the output and uptime of the asset.
Mechanical and electrical repair services for wind turbine generators include:
- Generator repair and overhaul
- Generator rewinding & power upgrades
- Gearbox repair and overhaul
- Pitch, yaw, cooling fan motor and hydraulic pump motor repair
- Full range of testing and diagnostics, including winding analysis, vibration analysis, thermal imaging and laser alignment
- Planned maintenance and emergency repairs
- Generator storage
Key components such as generators can be rewound to improve performance and extend the life of the asset in line with the lifespan of the turbine. Combined with regular maintenance, this is a cost-effective method for extending the life of your wind turbine generator.
Well equipped to service the needs of the wind market, our IECEx and Achilles category B2 accredited workshop has the latest facilities to accommodate large wind generators including a 40-tonne crane and dynamic testing capabilities. We can provide full or partial load testing as required to guarantee performance after the work has been undertaken and prior to it being refitted to the wind turbine.
With in-house coil manufacturing facilities and one of the largest burn off stoves in the UK, we offer planned monitoring and servicing during allocated maintenance windows and 24/7 emergency breakdown support, with absolute control over quality and lead-times.
Independent of OEMs, but a service provider to many, we work flexibly with customers to solve problems and improve performance in a safe and cost-effective way. In addition to sourcing OEM approved parts and spares we also have 3D design reverse engineering capabilities to address obsolescence, reduce lead times and improve performance.
We can also store completed generators on site, undertaking periodic electrical and mechanical checks to ensure equipment is available and ready to use when needed.
Get in touch to find out more about how we can support your wind turbine maintenance and maximise availability by improving performance and reducing downtime.Get in Touch
- Fully equipped, large machine repair facility
- Range of dynamic and load testing capabilities
- 24/7 emergency repair service, 365 days a year
- Maintenance contracts and emergency repairs
- Life extension and obsolescence management expertise
- HV coil manufacture and winding capabilities
Contact us for more information on our power generation industry services
Can’t find what you need? Get in touch using the boxes below and we’ll get back to you.