Across a number of sites in the North East of England, our industry accredited facilities comprise of features you would expect from a global service company. From winding bays to testing areas, you can be assured that your rotating mechanical assets are in the right place.
To find out more information on our capabilities, please select below –
Electro Mechanical Services Division
Our in-house electro mechanical services are provided from a 10,000-square-foot facility, comprising of goods inward, fitting and cleaning bays, a fully fitted machine shop, winding bay and testing areas.
Large Machine Repair Shop
This 15,000-square-foot building acts as our large machine repair shop, offering up to 40-tonne cranage, 13 meter working height and increased operational capacity. This building also houses our dedicated winding area and pump load testing facilities.
Coil Manufacturing Division
Our coil division operates from an 11,000-square foot facility, which includes our main reception and office facilities. The ground floor hosts the main open plan manufacturing facility, housing preparation, manufacture and test areas.
This division operates from a 13,500-square-foot facility. Spaced over two floors, the ground floor consists of process specific segregated areas. Products flow through goods inward, dismantle/inspection, cleaning, assembly, test, paint, specialist rewind, impregnation and curing bays and dispatch.
Our integrated divisions carry all specialist equipment for end-to-end in-house capability, including:
- 50 tonne extraction press
- 50 tonne vertical press
- 250 tonne extraction press
- MIG welding machine
- Automated TIG welding machine
- Automated undercutting machine
- Balancing machines (3 of)
- 40 tonne crane
- 10 tonne crane
- 3.2 tonne crane
- 2 tonne cranes
- BTU band tension unit
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) – epoxy resin
- Burn off stove – 2.5m x 2m x 2m
- Large drying / curing oven – 3.5m x 2m x 3m
- 2.2m² 220⁰C drying / curing ovens (2 of)
- AWA 12kV Baker test unit (2 of)
- PJ surge tester
- Tan Delta tester
Investment in latest machinery not only continually improves quality, it provides key critical specialist resource that improves automation, throughput and enhanced capacity.
We service and repair rotating electrical machines, which covers anything from a small piece of industrial automation that would power a production conveyor line, through to a large generator for a utility company, a fan used in the automotive industry, the propulsion powering a train or shipping, oil rig and power station generators.
As the leading repair company in the North East of England, we operate a 24-hour emergency service as one of our core services. However, we prefer to sit down with our customers, understand their needs and help them to tailor a maintenance regime that matches with their budget and production schedules. In doing so, we can develop a commercial model that helps our customers understand their costs, reduce the emergency outages and work to prevent costly breakdowns.
Many of our customers have adopted this preventative approach to maintenance. We use a combination of state-of-the-art condition monitoring equipment combined with our expertise and our customers’ intimate plant knowledge to identify the major risk areas and strategise to minimise the cost of unplanned failures.
Motor testing capabilities
We have invested significantly in test equipment to allow for a more comprehensive range of electrical and mechanical tests to be offered to our customers:
- 800 amps incoming supply this giving us the option of using a 3.3 / 6.6 or 11kV transformer to test a wide range of electro mechanical rotating machinery, using a 300 amps / 280 kVA regulator transformer
- AC inverter rated at 250kW 300 amps
- Baker test for windings up to 12kV which can run a complete cycle of tests to ensure the integrity of all motor windings
- AC regulator 0-415v 110 amps
- 2 DC supplies offering 360 excitation volts and 440 armature volts
- Motor alternator load test facility with DC voltages from 675v to 1050v
- AC resistive load bank to 60 kVA
We would use Baker Test equipment to fully comply with IEC standards, testing for:
- Megger Insulation Resistance (IR)
- Polarisation index (PI)
- Resistance checks
- Continuity checks
- Baker surge tests
- Hi-pot / flash test
Significant investment has also been made in our site services test facilities. Our engineers are equipped to undertake an extensive range of tests which far exceed the traditional Megger test to diagnose a motor’s condition.
Boasting full load testing capabilities, we perform such tests on electro mechanical assets to determine behaviour under peak load conditions. Can be facilitated via partner network as required.
Pump testing capabilities
Operating an array of specialised testing facilities, each pump is fully tested, and a full performance test curve is provided prior to dispatch to confirm optimum performance and provide engineers with a datum to work from when installing the pump.
Our dedicated test areas include:
- Small/medium test rig: full load testing up to 500kW, flow up to 10,000 igpm, + 2,700 M3/Hr and heads up to 10,000 ft, 150 Bar and 2170 PSI
- Large test rig: bespoke testing facility for high flows that can be customised to specific customer requirements. We also partner with a local dry dock to test larger pumps, submersible and vertical, up to 11kV
- Net Positive Suction Head tests can be carried out in house and our hydrostatic pressure test rig can test up to 250 bar
HV coil testing capabilities
All coils produced by us meet the relevant electrical standards, such as BS EN 60034, BS EN 50209 and IEEE 1553 & 1043 and our in-house testing facility offers the following routine testing procedures:
- Surge comparison or turn to turn test (2 UN) + 1000
- Tan δ / Tip Up
- Hi-pot (AC and DC flash) test (2 UN + 1000)1.2
- Lamination test
- Partial Discharge test
- VE test
We can also test to customers specification as required.
If you would like to arrange a visit to one of our facilities please get in touch with us, we will be more than happy to assist.