Electric and hybrid buses offer many additional benefits compared with their fossil counterparts such as reduced emissions and a smoother ride, however these newer technology vehicles come with their own challenges. Particularly when it comes to the overhaul and maintenance of new, less familiar components, such as traction motors and generators, that are not found on more traditional mass transit vehicles.
Independent of the OEM of the vehicle and equipment, we work with depot engineers to schedule maintenance as required in line with other key components to minimise downtime and interruptions in the daily bus operating schedule, and maximise the utilisation of the maintenance facilities.
Offering an alternative to fixed OEM service contracts we can reverse engineer key components using 3D scanning technology and our well established supply chain to reduce lead times and cost to the operator. We can also develop bespoke test facilities to ensure motors and generators are tested at full load prior to being fitted back to the vehicles to demonstrate effectiveness and provide additional quality assurance.
With experience across a range of bus types and building on over 35 years of wider electro mechanical experience, we can service a wide range of bus components including:
- New Routemaster traction motors and generators
- TB08 traction motors and generators
- TB100 traction motors and generators
- Volvo traction motors
- Steering gear motors
- DC-DC inverters
- Rotary encoders
- All rotating equipment
With many years of engineering knowledge built across a range of sectors, we are confident we can offer a high quality, cost effective and responsive maintenance service to meet the needs of the bus and coach market.
Get in touch to find out more about how we can support maintenance requirements and improve reliability of your electro mechanical assets.Get in Touch
- 120,000 sq ft facility equipped with the latest technology including 3D scanning capabilities, VPI plant and bespoke testing facilities
- Experienced in delivering repair, maintenance and life extension services for traction motors, generators and other drive train components
- In-house bespoke coil manufacturing facilities
- In situ diagnosis and range of in depot site services
Services we offer in the Bus & Coach sector
Contact us for more information on our bus & coach services
Can’t find what you need? Get in touch using the boxes below and we’ll get back to you.