AC & DC Traction Motor Services
Houghton International specialises in rewinding and overhauling AC/DC traction motors.
Houghton International’s RISAS-approved rail division specialises in the repair, maintenance and life extension of electro mechanical assets into the UK and global markets, including AC and DC traction motors, alternators, generators and motor alternator sets.
- RISAS-approved and independently audited quality systems
- Long term volume contracts and casualty repairs
- Well established, fully equipped rail division
- All refurbishment work undertaken in house
- In situ diagnosis and range of in depot site services
We work with customers in the mining industry to ensure their key assets operate at peak performance by identifying and resolving issues, providing monitoring, maintenance and repair services that stand up to challenging operating conditions.
- Multi service offering covering all electro mechanical assets
- IECEx certified large machine repair facility
- Reverse engineering and obsolescence management capabilities
- Dynamic load testing and performance analysis
- Improved efficiency and life cycle costs
- Site services – installation and removal, in situ testing and condition monitoring
We received the completed unit which we fitted onto the coach and it is performing well to this day. Nothing was too much trouble, and the level of after sales service was excellent.
Allister McDonald, DB Schenker
Click here to play
Contact us for more information on our AC and DC traction motors services
Get in touch using the boxes below and we’ll get back to you.