Houghton International routinely test a range of AC and DC motors and coils on site and in situ and carry a full scope of testing equipment to ensure full compliance with all customer test requirements.
- 600 to 1600 amps capability amp incoming supply giving us the option of hiring or purchasing a 3.3 /6.6 or 11kV transformer to run all motors of your choice.
- AC inverter rated at 55kW 140 amps
- Baker test will surge tests windings up to 12kV and run a complete cycle of tests to ensure the integrity of all motor windings
- AC regulator 0-415V 110 amps
- 2 DC supplies offering 360 excitation volts and 440 armature volts
- Motor alternator load test facility with DC voltages from 675V to 1050V
- AC resistive load bank to 60kVA
Static electrical tests
We would use Baker Test equipment to fully comply with IEC standards, testing for:
- Megger Insulation Resistance (IR)
- Polarization index
- Resistance checks
- Continuity checks
- Baker surge tests
- Hi Pot test
Derived from the traction motor specifications, Houghton International uses a route card system to record test data and track the status of every traction motor in our facility. Route cards include an initial test and data report, assembly data report and test sheet and are populated at each stage of the repair process which highlights any defects that are present.
Route cards have specific job numbers and are cross referenced with product serial numbers to identify each product. The commutator profiles are carried out on receipt of the product, through each stage of the repair and also during the final inspection.
Contact us for more about our AC and DC traction motors testing and diagnosis services
Get in touch using the boxes below and we’ll get back to you.