At Houghton International we fully comply with IEEE 1068 specification Clause 2 in relation to electric motor overhauls and have vast experience as well as an expert team.
A standard electric motor overhaul includes an initial equipment inspection and diagnosis, bearing replacement, a test run and report.
A sample overhaul work scope includes –
- Inspect and record all relevant data from the nameplate.
- Carry out electrical / mechanical check tests to verify motor condition / any reported faults, where possible.
- Dismantle motor component marks.
- Clean and inspect all component parts.
- Datum checks to include: bearing journals and seatings, shaft extensions, shaft extension run out, shaft seal fits, commutator diameter, and brush surface length.
- Repair/replace all defect components and parts.
- Stator and rotor windings to be steam cleaned, stove dried and varnished as specified in IEEE 1068.
- Rotating parts to be dynamically balanced to ISO grade 2.5 or better.
- All motors to have an up to date motor plate fitted before dispatch.
Following our industry-verified quality processes and operating procedures, all details of our work are recorded on a detailed job card throughout the overhaul process and logged on our digital ERP system for future reference. This controls the quality of the overhaul and allows us to build a history of the motor for future reference.
Should we detect the need for repairs beyond the scope of the overhaul, these would be reported to the customer and a quotation provided. Once given approval to proceed by the customer, work would be carried out in our workshop by our experienced engineers on a standard or emergency basis in line with the customers’ requirements.
Our workshop is EASA accredited, meaning that Houghton International has successfully demonstrated that it complies with EASA AR100 and follows the prescribed good practices to consistently deliver quality electro mechanical repairs that maintain or improve efficiency and reliability. Contact us today to find out more about our electric motor repair options, or our other areas of service including AC traction motor repairs and electric motor rewinding.
Contact us for more information on our electric motor overhaul and repair services
Get in touch using the boxes below and we’ll get back to you.