Utilising a comprehensive range of in house machining facilities, Houghton International mechanical fitters provide maintenance, repair and refurbishment services for gearboxes and associated equipment.
Houghton International supports maintenance teams across the UK to maximise plant efficiency and reliability whilst minimising machine downtime and cost, providing ongoing monitoring, maintenance and emergency repairs for a wide range of gear boxes.
- Multi service offering covering all electric motors
- Monitoring, maintenance and life extension services
- Experienced team of multi-skilled electro mechanical engineers
- 24/7 emergency repair service, 365 days a year
- Fully equipped, industry accredited facility
- Certified site services team
Houghton International’s, RISAS-approved, rail division specialises in the repair, maintenance and life extension of electro mechanical assets into the UK and global markets, including AC and DC traction motors, alternators, generators and motor alternator sets.
- RISAS-approved and independently audited quality systems
- Long term volume contracts and casualty repairs
- Well established, fully equipped, dedicated rail facility
- All refurbishment work undertaken in house
- In situ diagnosis and range of in depot site services
At sea, in dock or in our workshop, we work with ship engineers, vessel operators and dry docks in the North Sea and beyond providing monitoring, planned maintenance and emergency repairs to a range of marine equipment including gear boxes.
- Experienced site services team – difficult access
- In house or in situ repairs
- Load testing facility
- Multi discipline full services offering
- Strategically located for quick mobilisation
The Engineers are extremely knowledgeable, happy to assist us and are willing to go the extra mile to solve our problems. The work is always completed to the highest possible standard and delivered on time.
Ronnie Dodds, Union Electric Steel UK
Click here to play
Contact us for more information on our gearbox services
Get in touch using the boxes below and we’ll get back to you.