Engineering Apprentice x 6
Houghton International is looking for candidates like you for their Engineering Apprenticeship program who take pride in doing a great job and have a genuine interest in an engineering career.
We currently have six vacancies across our business and are looking to encourage passionate individuals to join our team.
If you are any of the following: 2018 pupil due to complete GCSE’s (or equivalent), pre-2018 school leaver, pupil due to complete A/AS-levels (or equivalent) and are keen to gain invaluable experience, a full-time salary and further qualification then our Apprenticeship scheme may be the perfect blend for you.
Engineering Apprenticeship – Electro Mechanical Services & Pumps / Rail / High Voltage Coils
- Work as a full member of the Houghton International team, developing skills for rewinding, repairing electro mechanical equipment, motors, gearboxes and pumps.
- Learn how to use mechanical and electrical fault finding techniques.
- Develop your skills over time to contribute to the provision of complete build, repair and preventative maintenance solutions for electronic, electrical and mechanical systems, from small servo-motors to the largest power generation systems.
- Develop keys skills and behaviours to enable you to comply with all health & safety procedures.
- Learn the principles of good housekeeping in order to promote an efficient working environment.
- Develop the skills required to work efficiently and effectively within a workshop environment and on site.
- Understand and demonstrate the principles, values and behaviours that will deliver excellent customer care and satisfaction.
A core value for Houghton International is to recruit for attitude and train for skill. With this value in mind we need successful candidates to have a sub set of behaviours shown below:
- Motivation – you will display drive and enthusiasm to be successful and demonstrate determination to reach your potential
- Team working – a team player that is able to develop effective and supportive relationships with others and assist in creating a sense of team spirit.
- Initiative – takes responsibility for their own actions and can generate workable solutions from complex problems
- Quality – understands the importance of achieving high standards
- Safety – understands the importance of following step by step procedures
As well showing a passion for practical engineering, you’ll need to demonstrate a commitment to a hands-on role in a factory based environment, whilst being numerate and a great team player. You’ll also have to learn fast and have the discipline to balance studying for a qualification along with the demands of your practical role. You will achieve numerical 4 or grade C or above in English, Maths and Science.
Your hours of work will be 39 hours per week over 5 days between 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 3.30pm Friday.
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary starting from £10,160 a year.
- A competitive pension, and 25 days’ holiday per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays).
- Career support from day one
- Nationally recognised qualification
Download the full job description here – Apprentice 2018
If this exciting Apprenticeship opportunity to join a rapidly growing business, interest you, then please contact Tyne North Training http://www.tynenorthtraining.co.uk/apprenticeships_eng_apply1.html and reference Houghton International apprenticeship in your application.
Closing date for applications 14th May 2018.