A leading international offshore services provider
A 17 tonne, 4.6MW 3500HP DC thruster motor on an offshore oil rig had been severely damaged due to flooding. As a result, a complete repair and refurbishment to the stator, armature, bearings and brush gear was required.
- Complete strip down and fault diagnosis.
- Manufacture of new field and interpole bricks.
- Full rewind of interpole and field coils, interpoles required copper wound on edge.
- Manufacture compensating bars and rewind.
- Complete rewind of armature, manufacture of all coils. Armature included, dampening winding, equaliser winding and main winding. All connections TIG Welded.
- Complete overhaul of brushgear, and supply of new holders and brushes.
- Complete mechanical overhaul. Supply of new bearings.
- All components shot blasted and painted with high specification marine paint.
- Horizontal load test and vertical light run test to prove winding and mechanical works.