We currently have six vacancies across our business and are looking to encourage passionate individuals to join our team. If you are any of the following: 2017 pupil due to complete GCSE’s (or equivalent), pre-2017 school leaver, pupil due to complete A/AS-levels (or equivalent) and are keen to gain invaluable experience, a full-time salary and further qualification then our Apprenticeship scheme may be the perfect blend for you.
Engineering Apprenticeship – Electro Mechanical Services / Rail / High Voltage Coils
- Work as a full member of the Houghton International Team, developing skills for rewinding, repairing electro mechanical equipment, motors, gearboxes and pumps.
- Learn how to use mechanical and electrical fault finding techniques.
- Develop your skills over time to contribute to the provision of complete build, repair and preventative maintenance solutions for electronic, electrical and mechanical systems, from small servo-motors to the largest power generation systems.
- Develop keys skills and behaviours to enable you to comply with all health & safety procedures.
- Learn the principles of good housekeeping in order to promote an efficient working environment.
- Develop the skills required to work efficiently and effectively within a workshop environment and on site.
- Understand and demonstrate the principles, values and behaviours that will deliver excellent customer care and satisfaction.
A core value for Houghton International is to recruit for attitude and train for skill. With this value in mind we need successful candidates to have a sub set of behaviours shown below:
- Motivation – you will display drive and enthusiasm to be successful and demonstrate determination to reach your potential
- Team working – a team player that is able to develop effective and supportive relationships with others and assist in creating a sense of team spirit.
- Initiative – takes responsibility for their own actions and can generate workable solutions from complex problems
- Quality – understands the importance of achieving high standards
- Safety – understands the importance of following step by step procedures
As well showing a passion for practical engineering, you’ll need to demonstrate a commitment to a hands-on role in a factory based environment, whilst being numerate and a great team player. You’ll also have to learn fast and have the discipline to balance studying for a qualification along with the demands of your practical role. We also expect passes at grade 4 or above in English, Maths and Science.
Your hours of work will be 39 hours per week over 5 days between 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 3.30pm Friday.
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary starting from £9,876.00 a year.
- A competitive pension, and 33 days’ holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Career support from day one
- Nationally recognised qualification
If this exciting Apprenticeship opportunity to join an truly global business that is rapidly growing interest you, then please contact Tyne North Training http://www.tynenorthtraining.co.uk/apprenticeships_eng_apply1.html and reference Houghton International apprenticeship in your application. Applications close on the 8th May 2017.