In an increasingly digital world, we recognise the importance of cybersecurity and protection of our customers’ data. That’s why Houghton International is now Cyber Essentials certified, demonstrating that the business has implemented controls to strengthen cyber defences and protect against common kinds of cyber attacks.
Cyber Essentials gives organisations a clear picture of their level of cyber security and reduces risk of falling victim to cyber attacks. The UK Government backed scheme helps protect against attacks such as phishing, malware, ransomware, password guessing and network attacks. The Cyber Essentials certification confirms Houghton International has applied the five key cybersecurity controls recommended for businesses by the National Cyber Security Centre:
- Use a firewall to secure internet connection (Office Firewalls and Internet Gateways)
- Choose the most secure settings for devices & software (Secure Configuration).
- Control who has access to data and services (User Access Control)
- Protect from viruses and other malware (Malware Protection)
- Keep devices and software up to date (Software Patch Management)
We will all at some point come under threat from cyber criminals. Completion of the Cyber Essentials certification demonstrates Houghton International’s commitment to digital security and protecting ourselves, our customers and suppliers from the impact of cyber crime. With Cyber Essentials, you can be assured Houghton International is taking proactive steps to reduce information security risk and protect against cyber attacks.