Regional Sales Representative
Following a period of sustained growth we are looking to expand our sales team and as such are recruiting an experienced and well networked sales representative to sell our products and services into the industrial and manufacturing sector in the North East region.
The successful candidate would have a background in B2B sales, preferably in engineering or technical sales, the ability to build rapport with existing and potential clients and be target driven. This role holds the responsibility of seeing each deal through to completion, from lead generation and creating quotes to closing the sale, so a can-do attitude along with the ability to develop relationships with clients to maximise sales potential is essential.
You will support the EMS Business Unit through building professional relationships with new and existing customers to generate new business. This is an exciting and great opportunity for a team player who is driven, motivated and enjoys delivering high standards in a fast-paced environment.
- Deliver revenue growth and maintain relationships with existing customer base
- Grow sales network and contact database to build sales pipeline and opportunity funnel from new customers
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Efficiently plan and prioritise daily work load activity to meet business, customer demand and sales trends within geographical territory both in a customer facing role and on the telephone.
- Being proactive in meeting agreed sales targets through effectively understanding the needs of the customer and building rapport.
- Responsible for full sales process from initial enquiry through to quotation, negotiation and order confirmation.
- Build strong, professional relationships with customers to identify opportunities for new and existing business; informing the Sales Team of potential new business
- Building in depth knowledge of customer’s individual needs and objectives tracked via CRM
- Continuously provide and maintain excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Monitor competitor activity through conducting Market analysis
- Regularly liaise with customers to update on status
- Continuously work to the Company Values whilst adhering to all cultural, health, safety and environmental policies / procedures of both Houghton International and their clients.
- All other duties relevant to the role.
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Proven sales success in a B2B technical / engineering environment
- Confident and ability to build rapport with customers and prospects
- Able to demonstrate success in managing major accounts
- Self motivated and target driven
- A good standard of education including Maths, English GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of Excel, Word and databases
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service and care
- The ability to meet strict deadlines through excellent time management skills
- A team player
- Professional friendly approach
- Full driving licence and valid passport
If you would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 18th September 2017
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer