We are looking for an experienced Winder who will be self-motivated, a team player and can take initiative in prioritising own workload. You will support the Rail team with the operational needs of the business whilst being flexible to achieve customer deadlines.
This is an interesting and varied opportunity for a team player who enjoys delivering professional and high standards in a fast-paced environment.
Key duties include:
- Overhauling, servicing and maintaining electrical rotating machinery
- Carrying out all planned work set out by your supervisor at daily briefings and in specific time scale set
- Working with your supervisor and team leader to maintain and enhance process flow improvements to every aspect of the business unit’s work types
- Acting on any reasonable request of you by your supervisor to achieve the business unit and customer’s requirements in a timely and controlled manner
- Ensuring all products meet the quality and delivery requirements of the customer
- Ensuring work area is clean and tidy
- Ensuring you abide by all Health and Safety rules and regulations
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed to the required standard.
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Technical knowledge and expertise in the respective field
- Previous experience of working within a similar role
- A good standard of education including English and Maths (minimum A-C grade in Maths and English GCSE)
- Ability to understand the importance of procedural compliance with a business
- High levels of interpersonal skills
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Being a team player with good communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and being able to work on their own initiative
- Capacity to support business development using quality management
- Full UK driving Licence
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer