National Rail Technical Account Manager
We are looking to expand our Sales team and are recruiting for an experienced and well networked sales representative to sell our products and services into the UK Rail industry. You will support the Rail Business Unit through building professional relationships with new and existing customers to generate new business.
This is an exciting and great opportunity for a team player who is driven, motivated and enjoys delivering high standards in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have a background in B2B sales within the rail sector and will be supporting our existing business activity by introducing our products to new customers and growing our sales in this sector.
This is a flexible role based anywhere in the UK.
Key duties include:
- Delivering revenue growth in the Rail sector
- Growing sales network and contact database to build sales pipeline and opportunity funnel
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Efficiently planning and prioritising daily work load activity to meet business, customer demand and sales trends within geographical territory both in a customer facing role and on the telephone
- Being proactive in meeting agreed sales targets through effectively understanding the needs of the customer and building rapport
- Responsible for full sales process from initial inquiry through to quotation, negotiation and order confirmation
- Build strong, professional relationships with customers to identify opportunities for new and existing business; informing the Sales Team of potential new business
- Building in depth knowledge of customer’s individual needs and objectives tracked via CRM
- Continuously provide and maintain excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Monitor competitor activity through conducting Market analysis
- Regularly liaise with customers to update on status
- Continuously work to the Company values whilst adhering to all cultural, health, safety and environmental policies / procedures of both Houghton International and their clients
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Proven B2B sales success with existing contacts / network in the rail industry
- Confident and ability to build rapport with customers and prospects
- Able to demonstrate success in managing major accounts
- Self motivated and target driven
- A good standard of education including Maths, English GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of Excel, Word and databases
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service and care
- The ability to meet strict deadlines through excellent time management skills
- A team player
- Professional friendly approach
- Full driving licence and valid passport
This is a flexible role based anywhere in the UK. If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 8th May 2017
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer