Rail Fitter / Turner
We are looking for an experienced Fitter / Turner who will be self-motivated, a team player and can take initiative in prioritising own workload. You will support the Rail team with the operational needs of the business whilst being flexible to achieve customer deadlines.
This is an interesting and varied opportunity for a team player who enjoys delivering professional and high standards in a fast-paced environment.
Key duties include:
- Overhauling service and maintaining electrical rotating machinery.
- To machine armatures to specified tolerances listed in work instructions/job specifications
- Balancing armatures to specified tolerances listed in work instructions/job specifications
- Operating undercutting machine
- Ensuring all products meet the quality & delivery requirements of the customer.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with individual work specifications.
- Carrying out all planned work set out by your supervisor at daily briefings and in the specific time scale set.
- Working with Supervisor & team leader to maintain and enhance process flow improvements to every aspect of the business unit’s work types.
- Acting on any reasonable request of you by your supervisor to achieve the Business unit and customers’ requirements in a timely and controlled manner.
- Ensuring your work area is clean & tidy.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed to the required standard.
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Previous experience of working within a similar role
- Previous experience of safety critical working
- Technical knowledge and expertise in the respective field
- Being a team player with good communication skills & being able to work with a mixture of staff and customers at various levels.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and taking responsibility for key deliverables
- Attention to detail and being able to work on their own initiative
- Proven commitment to change and continuous improvement
- Abiding by all H&S rules & regulations.
- Willingness to take on tasks that may be outside their normal set of responsibilities
- Ad hoc duties as required to meet business demands
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 1200 hrs on Monday 13 March 2017
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer