We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced QSE Manager with strong communication and a proactive attitude. You will be accountability for ensuring statutory and Company compliance of our QSE policies and procedures. You will be responsible for the work of the Company QSE management systems and all accreditations to ensure that the effective quality service, safety and environmental aspects of Houghton International are maintained and continuously improved to meet the high standards of our internal and external customers.
Key duties include: –
- To ensure the Company policies, procedures standards are implemented and followed by ensuring that the appropriate assessments are carried out on both employees and equipment.
- Management of the QSE work flow, working closely with the Engineering and Operations Managers.
- To advise, consult with and train all relevant parties within the business including suppliers and others concerning management system issues.
- To provide support to the operations teams assisting in problem solving concerning quality, environmental and health & safety issues throughout the company.
- To provide advice and expertise in the assessment of suppliers, complaint investigations and troubleshooting.
- To assess and work with suppliers to improve their performance in terms of cost, suitability, quality, environmental and health & safety.
- To effectively manage and maintain the company’s QSE management systems, making necessary improvements where required in accordance with the relevant standards.
- To assist with the management of customer complaints, incidents and non-compliances to solve any related customer problems.
- To conduct regular health, safety and environmental inspections with Heads of Department ensuring high HSE standards are maintained.
- To manage and develop the role of all personnel in the requirements of the QSE management system.
- To escort and assist with external body communications or visits to site (such as the Environment Agency or HSE).
- To inform the management team of results and findings following accreditation audits (such as RISAS, ISO 9001 or OHSAS 18001), client audits or external audits.
- Effectively communicate and work with operations in improving health & safety across the business promoting continual improvement across the business.
- Ensure all activities meet and integrate with Houghton International and their customers’ health & safety, legal, cultural, environmental policies and procedures.
- Encompass all aspects of quality assurance, environmental and health & safety associated with the waste management operations of the company.
- Management of the company’s incident reporting system and encouraging employees to report incidents to the QSE department in order to allow us to improve our health, safety and environmental culture
- Using behavioural safety to improve the employee approach to health & safety.
- Working closely with HR to identify and maintain the training needs analysis of all employees, establishing what health and safety training is required.
- Supporting and managing some facilities management activities.
- To liaise with the company managers regarding the effectiveness of the company and to maintain a quality of service which resembles Houghton Internationals core values.
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent influencing skills
- Ability to communicate to all levels
- The ability to meet strict deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Team building motivational skills
- Demonstrate commercial awareness of business needs to account for available resources
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent degree
- Experience in the design and / or delivery of health and safety training
- Working experience in a similar role/at a similar level
- Full Driving Licence is essential and/or access to own vehicle
- Chartered membership if IOSH, knowledge of RISAS accreditation and a training qualification would be advantageous.
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to email@example.com. Please include your salary expectation.
Closing Date: 1600 hrs on Monday 25th July 2016.
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer