Purchasing and Stock Controller
With excellent organisational and communication skills together with a methodical approach, the successful candidate will proactively manage Stores and Logistics matters for the EMS Department. The successful candidate needs effective time management skills and forecasting skills to meet tight deadlines, along with the ability to prioritise and flex to support the needs of the business.
This newly created role will require the ideal candidate to multi task in a fast paced environment using their own initiative to organise the stock, set up stock management procedures and carry out purchasing for the whole department.
The key duties include:
- Raising and processing purchase orders and matching deliveries against purchase orders along with minimising any supplier invoice queries
- Organise newly create stores area to ensure effective stock control
- Maintain calibration records and ensure timely testing of machinery
- Receive goods in to stock, inspect deliveries, identifying and resolving issues with suppliers
- Accurately forecast and analyse stock against sales, ensuring the availability of materials in preparation for future production as well as work in progress
- Organise collections and deliveries of EMS products
- Retention and accurate recording of stock and materials within agreed levels
- Organisation and participation of regular stock takes and spot checks
- Co-ordinate consignment stock
- Problem solve and investigate stock queries and discrepancies, reporting findings to Head of EMS
- Take ownership for the ordering and ongoing administration of contracted work wear, accurately matching invoices against garments.
- Develop and maintain effective internal working relationships within EMS and across the business
- Develop and maintain new and existing relationships with customers and suppliers
- Proactively identify and implement ongoing cost saving measures and working within budget
- Champion Houghton International and our Customers Values as well as our Company and statutory policies and procedures
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Maths and English (GCSE A to C grades or equivalent)
- At least 1 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience of planning workload to meet deadlines and targets
- Experience of working autonomously
- Proven administration and organisational skills
- IT skills using the MS Office – especially Word and Excel
- Technically and commercially aware
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills, including the ability to build effective working relationships
- Ability to work within budget
- Ability to find solutions and problem solve
Hours of work are 39 per week Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm & Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break each day with additional hours being worked to meet the needs of the business from time to time as necessary.
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 1600 hrs on Wednesday 24th October 2016
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer