Product Development Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, analytical Product Development Engineer to join the team. You will be a strong communicator with a proactive approach. You will take the lead on existing and new product and process development to support the growth of the company as we work towards our 2020 strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Awareness of company mission and compliance to company values.
- Working within the Engineering Department, taking responsibility and leading a variety of product and process development projects, which will be ongoing and growing in dimensions as the company grows.
- Identifying, leading, communicating and executing engineering and product development opportunities.
- Developing close working relationship with the engineering, operations and senior management teams.
- Building strong professional relationships with customers to identify opportunities for new and existing business, informing the sales team of potential new business.
- Assisting in identifying, communicating and executing product development project plans across the three Divisions.
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records.
- Producing progress reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Sharing knowledge and best practice to train and develop others within the Houghton International Team both in house and off site if necessary.
- Identify and implement areas for business continuous improvement.
- Liaising with QHSE to ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are continuously adhered to.
- Ensuring all activities meet and integrate with Houghton International and customers health and safety, legal, cultural, environmental policies and procedures.
Would you like to be part of a team at Houghton International that:
- Works very closely together to supports and provide solutions to every day operations across the four divisions and products.
- Leads and identifies opportunities for improvement, R&D projects and process improvement.
- Develops innovative solutions for both existing and new products.
- That is highly skilled, and customer focused with innovation at its core.
- Provides expertise in the areas of electromechanical repair services and testing, high voltage insulation materials and testing, project management of all activities on five sites.
- Liaises closely with suppliers, contractors, operations and customers at all levels.
For the Product Development Engineer recruitment pack, click here.
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you would like to be considered for this role.
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer