Operations & HR Admin
We are looking for a proactive administrator who will be self-motivated taking responsibility for the day to day support of two busy departments. You will work within the Operations & Central and Support function providing high quality effective and efficient admin support to LMS site and our HR & Training function. This is an interesting and varied opportunity for a team player who enjoys delivering professional, high standards in a fast paced environment.
Key duties include:-
- Assist the LMS team with administrative duties i.e. photocopying, scanning of documentation, archiving of photographs, shop floor sheets, baker test results and job packs.
- Recording employee time management and absence information
- Logistics and co-ordination of powerpacks, alternators and engines
- Stock ordering and control
- Populating and collating spreadsheets
- Booking in jobs, creating job packs and files
- Initial and final costing of jobs for management approval
- Production of customer reports
- Liaising with both internal and external customers on the telephone
- EMIR system champion
- HR administration including but not limited to the issuing of contracts of employment, amendment letters, updating skills matrix, employee records
- Updating HR databases and assist with reporting
- Monitor and record sickness absence and return to work interviews; highlighting areas of concerns
- Note taking at disciplinary, grievance, appeal hearings or other meetings
- Ensure company and statutory policies and procedures are regularly reviewed, updated, and adhered to with best practice applied
- Admin support to facilitate recruitment and selection processes
- Support the sites to manage the delivery of training needs
- Work with the HR Manager on employee HR Projects
- Provide support for HR queries
- Any other duties as may reasonably be expected
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Maths and English (GCSE A to C grades or equivalent)
- Experience and confidence using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience of producing statistical reports to a high standard
- The ability to meet strict deadlines
- Professional working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An organised and methodical approach to work including attention to detail
- A strong team player
- Awareness of data protection & confidentiality
- Ensure activities meet and integrate with Houghton International and their clients’ health and safety, legal, cultural, environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain and develop the Company’s corporate image and professional reputation at all times.
- Previous experience of working within a similar HR/engineering/production environment
- A certificate in Human Resources Practice (CIPD) would be advantageous.
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectation.
Closing Date: 1700 hrs on Friday 22nd July 2016
Interviews will take place on Thursday 4th August 2016