Houghton International pioneer technical and commercial innovation in the repair, maintenance and life extension of rotating electrical machines servicing a broad range of sectors including power generation, renewables, industrial, water, oil and gas, marine and rail. We operate through four divisions; Rail, Electro Mechanical Services, High Voltage Coils and Large Machinery Shop supplying a global customer base.
We are looking for a proactive administrator who will be self-motivated taking responsibility for the day to day support of a busy department. You will work within the operations function providing high quality effective and efficient admin support to LMS site. This is an interesting and varied opportunity for a team player who enjoys delivering professional, high standards in a fast paced environment.
Key duties include:-
- Assist the LMS team with administrative duties i.e. photocopying, scanning of documentation, archiving of photographs, shop floor sheets, baker test results and job packs
- Recording employee time management and absence information
- Logistics and co-ordination of powerpacks, alternators and engines
- Stock ordering and control
- Populating and collating spreadsheets
- Booking in jobs, creating job packs and files
- Initial and final costing of jobs for management approval
- Production of customer reports
- Liaising with both internal and external customers on the telephone
- ERP (EMIR) system champion
- Other adhoc administrative duties
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Maths and English (GCSE A to C grades or equivalent)
- Experience and confidence using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience of producing statistical reports to a high standard
- The ability to meet strict deadlines
- Professional working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An organised and methodical approach to work including attention to detail
- A strong team player
- Awareness of data protection and confidentiality
- Ensure activities meet and integrate with Houghton International and their clients’ health and safety, legal, cultural, environmental policies and procedures
- Maintain and develop the Company’s corporate image and professional reputation at all times.
- Previous experience of working within a similar administration role
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectation.
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: 1700 hrs on Wednesday 31st August 2016