We are looking for an IT assistant who will be self-motivated, taking responsibility for all day to day aspects of IT and communications of a varied nature. You will work within the Central and Support function providing onsite support and classroom based training for employees.
You will work closely with the IT Manager who will help support and train you in order to develop your skills and knowledge within the role.
This is an interesting and varied opportunity for a team player who enjoys delivering professional high standards in a fast paced environment.
A key project of this role will involve analysing the current employee software usage via workflow mapping and the creation of IT documentation including policies and procedures.
Key duties include:
- Provide hands-on Microsoft IT training and internal systems to employees
- Provide support for all day to day IT and Communications tasks such as; servers, switches, desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, desk and mobile phones
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Create and manage users on the network including mailboxes
- Manage the availability of all Time & Attendance recording workstations
- Provide input and support to IT and Communications projects
- Liaise with third party IT suppliers, contractors and vendors
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2013 onwards and Windows 8 onwards in a domain environment
- Ability to troubleshoot IT related hardware and software issues
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in identifying and purchasing of IT hardware and software to meet specific requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to follow instructions and work within a team or autonomously
- Excellent proof reading skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Full Driving Licence is essential and/or access to own vehicle
Working knowledge of AD, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP, Windows Server 2008 onwards, Microsoft Office 365 and Hosted Exchange would be advantageous.
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 1600 hrs on Monday 7 November 2016
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer