Due to continued business growth we have an opportunity for an experienced fitter to join our growing EMS team. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to deliver an exceptional repair, maintenance and life extension service to our diverse customer base.
This role is workshop and site based and will support the growth of the business by exceeding customer expectations at all levels and supporting the business to be the best in the world at what we do.
Key duties include:
- Dismantling customer equipment using the appropriate tools and techniques
- Analysing the mechanical and/or electrical work required to repair the equipment to specification or other instruction
- Assessing whether the equipment is beyond economical repair
- Ensuring all work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Strong appreciation of continuous improvement to delivering excellent customer care and satisfaction
- Promoting a professional and positive work ethos at all times
- Populating associated paper work and route cards
- Ensuring all products meet the quality & delivery requirements of the customer
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with individual work specifications
- Carrying out all planned work set out by your supervisor at daily briefings and in the specific time scale set.
- Working with supervisor and team leaders to maintain and enhance process flow improvements to every aspect of the business unit’s work types
- Acting on any reasonable request of you by your supervisor to achieve the business unit and customers’ requirements in a timely and controlled manner.
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Previous experience of working within a similar role or safety critical working
- Experience in dismantling, assembling, overhaul and repair of electrical rotating machinery
- Experience in dismantling, assembling, overhaul and repair of gearboxes and pumps
- A good standard of education including English and Maths (minimum A-C grade in Maths and English GCSE)
- Served a recognised apprenticeship or can demonstrate relevant experience
- Professional approach
- Being a team player with good communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and taking responsibility for key deliverables
- Attention to detail and being able to work on their own initiative
- Full UK driving Licence
To find out more, download the EMS fitter recruitment pack here – EMS – Fitter July 2018.
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer