Fitter x 2
Due to the continued success of our operations we are looking to recruit two Fitters to work within our Rail area of the business. You will deliver high levels of quality workmanship and customer satisfaction, whilst striving to achieve continuous improvement.
Duties and key result areas:
- To dismantle customer equipment using the appropriate tools and techniques
- To undertake the analysis of the mechanical and/or electrical work required to repair the equipment to specification or other instruction
- To assess whether the equipment is beyond economical repair and to ensure in this eventuality that the customer is informed
- Take responsibility for cleanliness of the workshop ensuring all work areas and facilities are clean and tidy
- Ensure all activities meet and integrate with Houghton International and their customer’s health and safety, legal, cultural, environmental policies and procedures
- To ensure paperwork is complete to the required standard
- To take responsibility for own personal development
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Promote a professional and positive work ethos at all times whilst ensuring all work is carried out in a safe, timely and economical manner
- Maintain and promote the vision, values and mission of the company showing at all times a commitment to continuous improvement to delivering excellent customer care and satisfaction
- Professional approach with willingness to take on tasks that may be outside their normal set of responsibilities
- A team player with the ability to work flexibility
- An organised methodical approach to work
- Pays attention to detail with the ability to adapt to strict deadlines
- Full Driving Licence is essential and/or access to own vehicle
You will have a recognised apprentice/engineering qualification ideally with experience of working in a safety critical environment.
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role then please forward your CV to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 1st August 2016