Houghton International improves the performance of electro mechanical assets around the world. We use our technical expertise to work with customers to solve their problems offering a high-quality repair and maintenance service for motors, generators, pumps and all electrical rotating equipment.
Within the business we have hundreds of years of knowledge and experience across a range of sectors including rail, industrial and power generation. We are innovative, flexible and responsive to customer needs, continually exceeding industry standards and customer expectations. As the world continues to electrify and the demand for power rises, our products and services will become even more valuable.
We recognise that people are our most important asset. We have a highly skilled team that successfully combines youth with experience, and we invest in our people to be ‘the best in the world at what we do’.
We employ for attitude and train for skill and our industry-leading training programme is award-winning. We aim to be the employer of choice for talented people across the North East and beyond, providing opportunities to develop and supporting our employees to achieve their goals. In return we expect commitment, a total focus on our customers’ needs, flexibility to meet deadlines and dedication to our quality process.
- Friendly, helpful and act in a professional manner?
- Able to communicate effectively with customers at all levels, both in the UK and overseas?
- Organised, self-motivated and can work using your own initiative and prioritise workloads?
- Flexible and innovative with great attention to detail?
- Interested in joining a dynamic team at a critical juncture of its growth journey?
Would you like to be part of a team that:
- Is striving to be the best in the world at what we do
- Is driving business growth and development
- Is expanding into new sectors and markets globally
- Increases market share year on year
- Develops innovative solutions and market leading products
- Exports to over 30 countries worldwide
- Has an industry leading, award winning, training and development programme
- Supports companies such as Rolls Royce, Siemens and ABB to develop cutting edge power generation technology
- Is highly skilled and customer-focused with innovation at its core
- Invests in apprenticeships and training across the business to support business growth and personal development.
If so, then read on to find out more about the role and how it supports our strategic business objectives.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our Sales and Marketing team. The successful candidate will be office-based. Supported by a small but versatile marketing team, they will be responsible for the development, implementation and day-to-day execution of B2B strategic marketing plans for the company in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones across a range of target sectors and geographies.
This is an exciting role with a great opportunity to shape the marketing strategy of a growing business with an excellent reputation for quality and service. Established in this industry for over 35 years, Houghton International has made a significant investment in its capacity and our capability in recent years and is now seeking the right talent to take the next step in its development.
- Develop and implement a B2B marketing strategy which will attract new customers and promote business growth.
- Work collaboratively with internal departments and senior management to create a strategic marketing plan.
- Deliver attention-grabbing, sector-specific communications across a wide range of marketing channels.
- Write quality creative content for all media platforms and marketing materials.
- Responsible for overseeing all internal communications and senior management presentations.
- Analyse, measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Prepare and manage the marketing budget.
- Confidently attend market-specific events – national and international travel will be required.
- A strong ability to effectively manage and develop a team.
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Strong experience in a B2B marketing role is essential.
- A background in the engineering/industrial space would be advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrable all-round marketer with a proven track record of producing quality, eye-catching content and improving SEO.
- Awareness of up-to-date marketing trends, technologies and methodologies
- An articulate communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to tailor communication styles and capture the audience.
- A structured but more importantly agile working style in order to capitalise on an ever-changing landscape.
- Hardworking individual with good attention to detail
- Experienced people manager
Working Pattern Conditions:
Based at our facility in Newcastle upon Tyne. Standard working hours 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 3.30pm on a Friday.
Download the job advert here
Send your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you would like to be considered for this role.