Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you exceptional at want you do? Do you want to work for an award-winning SME? Look no further!
Houghton International improves the performance of electromechanical assets around the world. We use our technical expertise to work with customers to solve their problems offering a high-quality repair and maintenance service for motors, generators, pumps and all electrical rotating equipment.
We recognise that people are our most important asset. We employ for attitude and train for skill and our industry leading training programme is award winning. We aim to be the employer of choice for talented people across the whole of the North East, providing opportunities to develop and supporting our employees to achieve their goals. In return we expect commitment, a total focus on our customers’ needs, flexibility to meet deadlines and dedication to our quality process.
If you want to join an award-winning SME and be part of a team that;
• Is striving to be the best in the world at what we do
• Is driving business growth and development
• Is expanding into new sectors and markets globally
• Increases market share year on year
• Develops innovative solutions and market leading products
• Exports to over 30 countries worldwide
• Has an industry leading, award winning, training and development programme
• Supports companies such as Rolls Royce, Siemens and ABB to develop cutting edge power generation technology
• Is highly skilled and customer-focused with innovation at its core
• Invests in apprenticeships and training across the business to support business growth and personal development.
Duties and responsibilities:
• HV generator & motor inspections
• HV testing of generators & motors
• Winding inspections (stator & rotor)
• On-site inspections, removals & installations
• AC/DC motor knowledge
• AC/DC motor maintenance experience
• Fitting experience on rotating equipment
• Condition monitoring experience advantageous
• Experience working with white metal bearings
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
• Previous experience of working within a similar role or safety critical working
• Experience in working on HV generators and motors
• Previous experience of use of HV testing
• A good standard of education including English and Maths (minimum A-C grade in Maths and English GCSE)
• Served a recognised apprenticeship or can demonstrate relevant experience
• Professional approach
• Being a team player with good communication skills
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and taking responsibility for key deliverables
• Attention to detail and being able to work on their own initiative
• Full UK driving license is desirable
Download the job advert here
Send your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you would like to be considered for this role.
Enquire about this role
Fill out the following details and a member of our team will contact you