HiTRANS Motor Alternator Set Load Testing Process
Many of our customers were experiencing major issues with their motor alternators such as flashover. Motor alternator sets were being returned from other repairers and failing almost immediately in service. As a result, we were asked to develop a solution that ensured every motor alternator set we repaired would work under full load conditions first time, every time.
The result is HiTRANS, our patented transient dynamic motor alternator set test process that electrically simulates full load conditions of any type. It replicates exactly what happens in service, which means that the unit has been tested at full working load before it leaves our facility.
Our repairs are proven to work first time, every time, and to a life expectation in line with the operating life of the train.
We believe that we are the first company in the world capable of simulating exactly the electrical load conditions both through the motor alternator set controller and the incoming electrification.
- Units work first time, every time
- Eliminates motor alternator set related in-service failure
- Tests each motor alternator set through a dedicated controller i.e. FM2 Type
- Full load testing proves each individual component
- Reduced maintenance and engineering costs
- Improved operational performance
- Increased passenger satisfaction