Abellio Greater Anglia, MA set repair and overhaul
Customer: Abellio Greater Anglia
Project: Motor Alternator set (MA set) repair and overhaul contract
What Abellio Greater Anglia said:
“From the outset Houghton International took a proactive approach to improving the performance of our MA sets.
“Because of their experience and their HiTRANS testing we have absolute confidence that when an MA set comes back from Houghton International it will run on the vehicle without issue. Furthermore, if any issues do arise we can rely on the team to diagnose and resolve them in a timescale that fits with our requirements.
“The team are friendly, open and honest in all communications and have a genuine problem solving attitude that adds real value to our business. I’m happy our MA sets are in good hands.”
Stuart Lawler, Technical Engineer, Abellio Greater Anglia
To improve performance and reliability of MA sets on Abellio Greater Anglia’s fleet of vehicles which service the line between Norwich and London, Liverpool Street.
Why Abellio Greater Anglia chose Houghton International:
- Direct access to engineering support and technical expertise
- HiTRANS load testing facilities to simulate MA set operating conditions
- Collaborative working and problem solving approach
- MA sets overhauled, repaired and rewound where required
- HiTRANS full load testing
- Clearly defined pricing
- Dedicated contacts for engineering support
- Improved performance of MA sets – reduced in service failures and no warranty claims
- Joint process and product improvement initiatives