Houghton International pioneer technical and commercial innovation in the repair, maintenance and life extension of rotating electrical machines servicing a broad range of sectors including power generation, renewables, industrial, water, oil and gas, marine and rail. We operate through three divisions; Rail, Electro Mechanical Services and High Voltage Coils supplying a global customer base.
We are looking for staff who whether past or present has experience in rewinding small/medium or large, single or three phase soft coil stators. We will provide refresher training & help you develop old and new skills. We are also happy to take over any apprenticeship you may be currently involved in. We have many positions available in our fast growing repair shop.
Duties and key result areas:
- Stripping and winding of 3 or 1 phase motors with soft coil winding
- Strip and detail 3 or 1 phase connection and coils data
- Make former sizes and wind off coils for stripped stator
- Identify cause of fault to winding e.g. loss of phase
- Use a megger and ohm metre.
- 0 to 15 KW or larger winding from strip stator to final test of windings.
- To confer and assist with other workers in changing gear ratios of winding drive mechanism, using hand tools, and setup specifications
- To take responsibility for cleanliness of the workshop ensuring all work areas and facilities are clean and tidy.
- Build strong professional relationships to identify opportunities for new and existing business; informing the Sales Team of potential business
- To undertake the analysis of the mechanical and/or electrical work required to repair the equipment to specification or other instruction
- To assess whether the equipment is beyond economical repair and to ensure in this eventuality that the customer is informed
- Regular contact and report to the divisional team manager an all aspects of the job
It would be desirable but not essential if you have the following skills and experience:
- Slip Ring Motors
- High Voltage Winding
- Induction Brazing
- Use of Baker test equipment or equivalent
- Armature winding both soft coil and preformed coils
- Aspects of fitting and testing on a range of KW and varied voltage motors
- Able to detail armatures and high voltage stators, both in house and on site
- Able to detail windings for information required in coils manufacturing process
- Fault diagnosis on a wide range of electrical rotating equipment, both AC and DC
Hours of work are 39 per week Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm & Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break each day with additional hours being worked to meet the needs of the business from time to time as necessary.
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 1600 hrs on Monday 31st October 2016
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer