Rail – Fitter
We are looking for an experienced Fitter who will be self-motivated, a team player and can take initiative in prioritising own workload. You will support the Rail team with the operational needs of the business whilst being flexible to achieve customer deadlines.
This is an interesting and varied opportunity for a team player who enjoys delivering professional and high standards in a fast-paced environment.
Key duties include:
- Overhaul, service and maintaining electrical rotating machinery.
- Dismantling and assembling traction motors
- Electrically testing armature and stator windings and other associated components
- Mechanically and dimensionally checking shaft journals, machined surfaces and bearing housings
- Cleaning and painting parts
- Light test run traction motors
- Populating associated paper work and route cards
- Ensuring all products meet the quality & delivery requirements of the customer.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with individual work specifications.
- Carrying out all planned work set out by your supervisor at daily briefings and in the specific time scale set.
- Working with Supervisor & team leader to maintain and enhance process flow improvements to every aspect of the business unit’s work types.
- Acting on any reasonable request of you by your supervisor to achieve the Business unit and customers’ requirements in a timely and controlled manner.
- Ensuring your work area is clean & tidy.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed to the required standard.
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Previous experience of working within a similar role
- Technical knowledge and expertise in the respective field
- A good standard of education including English and Maths (minimum A-C grade in Maths and English GCSE)
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Being a team player with good communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and taking responsibility for key deliverables
- Attention to detail and being able to work on their own initiative
- Capacity to support business development using quality management
- Full UK driving Licence
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to email@example.com
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: Monday 12 February 2018, 12pm