Rail Administrator / Logistics Coordinator
We are looking for an administrator who will be self-motivated, exceptionally organised and can prioritise own workloads. You will support the Rail / LMS business units with the administration and logistical coordinating of the business.
This is an interesting and varied opportunity for a team player who enjoys delivering professional and high standards in a fast-paced environment.
Key duties include:
- Logistics and coordination of power packs, alternators and engines
- Logistics and coordination of traction motors
- Stock ordering and control
- Issuing of stock to shop floor operatives
- Populating and collating of spreadsheets
- Booking in job, creating job packs and files
- Compiling initial and final costing of jobs for Head of Department approval
- Producing customer reports for Head of Department approval
- Producing timesheet reports for Head of Department approval
- Archiving photographs, shop floor route car sheets, test reports and job packs
- Calibrating tooling
- Raising and submitting purchase orders
- Assisting the Rail/GWR team on all administrative duties (i.e. Photocopying, scanning of documentation)
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Previous experience of working within a similar role
- GCSE grade A–C in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- Being a team player with good communication skills & being able to work with a mixture of staff at various levels.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and taking responsibility for key deliverables
- Attention to detail and being able to work on their own initiative
- Proven commitment to change and continuous improvement
- Willingness to take on tasks that may be outside their normal set of responsibilities
- Ad hoc duties as required to meet business demands
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role then forward your CV to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 1200 hrs on Monday 13 March 2017
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer