Product Development Engineer
Houghton International pioneers technical and commercial innovation in the repair, maintenance and life extension of rotating electrical machines, operating through three specialist divisions; High Voltage Coils, Electro Mechanical Services and Rail. We service a broad range of sectors including rail transport, power generation – renewables, hydro, industrial, oil & gas and marine, serving a global customer base through our partnership and agent network
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Development Engineer to join the team. You will be a strong communicator with a proactive approach. You will take responsibility for a variety of product development projects within the business to support the growth of the company as we work towards our 2020 strategy.
- Working within the engineering department, take responsibility and lead a variety of product development projects which will be ongoing and growing in dimensions as the company grows.
- Identify, lead, communicate and execute engineering and product developments.
- Leading projects according to agreed budget cost and quality schedules, 100% on time
- Share knowledge and best practice to train and develop others within the Houghton International team both in house and off site if necessary.
- Build strong professional relationships with customers to identify opportunities for new and existing business; informing the sales team of potential new business.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records.
- Produce progress reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Identify and implement areas for business continuous improvement.
- Comply with all QSE guidelines, and promote safe working practices.
- Ensure projects are adequately budgeted for and also executed on time and to budget
- Develop close working relationship with the Engineering, Operations, Senior Management teams.
- Work on the delivery performance of projects as per the Project 2020, 100% on time
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- High levels of interpersonal skills
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines on time
- Team player
- Must have attention to detail and be able to work on own initiative
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree / HND qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, preferably in electrical engineering
- Experience of R&D projects, and design of experiments
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of quality control and continuous improvement
- Budget control
- Technical knowledge in electrical / electronic equipment (motors and generators)
- 3D AutoCAD experience
- Understanding of rotary machinery principal
- Membership of an accredited engineering body would be advantageous
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role, then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary range is £28K – £33K. Please include your salary expectation.
Houghton International is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: 1700 hrs on Friday 5th May 2017